Submit Your O&P Testimony for a Chance to Win $500!
- Help patients obtain medically necessary devices
- Support the profession
- Become part of a Major Public Relations Campaign
- Help spread the word that orthotic and prosthetic devices not only restore lives but are cost-effective too!
- All entrants will receive a t-shirt
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner ($500), one (1) Second Place Winner ($250), and one (1) Third Place Winner ($100) will be selected.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on SeptemberÂ 30, 2015
Itâ€™s as easy as 123
Create your video testimony by using your smartphone or video camera.
- Complete the online entry form and waiver, giving AOPA and the Amputee Coalition permission to use your testimony
- Upload your video testimony or email video from your smart phone.
What are the judges looking for?
Compelling testimonies to share with insurance companies, Medicare, regulators and the public that show and tell how your orthotic or prosthetic device changed your life or how your life would be different without the device.
Rules and Conditions
Sponsor is American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA), 330 John Carlyle St, Suite 200, Alexandria, VAÂ 22314.
The 2015 Mobility Saves Testimony Contest begins February 1, 2015 at 12:01am US Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends SeptemberÂ 30, 2015Â at 11:59pm EST. All entries must be received by SeptemberÂ 30, 2015Â at 11:59pm EST. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
WHO MAY ENTER
Eligibility: Contest is open to patients who have received or are receiving orthotic and/or prosthetic care in the United States and the District of Columbia. Â Patient care providers (practitioners) or parents may submit on behalf of patients as long as the waiver is signed by the patient and/or parent or guardian.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted in digital format through our online entry form. To enter, please complete the entry form located at https://aopa.wufoo.com/forms/mobility-saves-testimony-contest-entry-form/ and follow the step-by-step directions on that page. Submissions may also be emailed to ymazur@AOPAnet.org.
Your compelling testimony should include how your prosthetic and/or orthotic device has changed your life or how your life would be different without the device.
All video testimony should be submitted as an mp3, wav or YouTube file.
- All testimony submissions must be 5 megabytes or less (1-3 minutes)
- Obscene, provocative, or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
- Testimony should not promote and/or endorse a specific brand or device.
All entrants must complete the waiver form and by submitting your video testimony, Entrants acknowledge that their testimony may be reproduced in a number of different media, including Internet and print media.
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner, one (1) Second Place Winner, and one (1) Third Place Winner will be selected.
- All entrants will receive a t-shirt for participating
Testimony will be judged on its usability in the Mobility Saves Public Relations Campaign and how the video shows and tells how your orthotic and/or prosthetic device changed your life; or how your life would be different without the device.Â Special consideration will be awarded for any video that show and/or tells how the Mobility Saves research was used to obtain said device.
Contest is open to entrants (“Entrants”) who are legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. Void outside of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., and where prohibited. Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the state of Virginia and the forum for any dispute shall be in the state of Virginia, United States of America. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or on connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply.
Contest testimony cannot be used to promote a specific device.Â Judges have the discretion to deem any material disqualified if a specific device is promoted and/or endorsed.
For more information contact Tina Moran or Yelena Mazur at (571) 431-0876 or ymazur@AOPAnet.org